Thursday, December 6, 2012

A New Program...

Last week, and just in time to accommodate my inclusion into this quarter's classes, I have embarked on a new academic odyssey in the ph.d. program for health psychology.  Still at Walden.  I've been thinking about this change for several months, and intended on entering the same program after finishing my master's degree.  Through an odd, but ominous chain of events, I realized the health psychology program was where my passion lyed...laid...lay...lie...lay...WTF, whatever.  I never felt comfortable with the proper usage of that particular word.  Anyway, I'm excited, although feel as if I am grieving a loss, of sorts.  Grieving, I suppose, the future in counseling I had planned for several years.  But, I do feel renewed, and thankful to have finally made this decision.  I know it doesn't seem like that big a deal, but, it feels big to me.  Maybe I will explain the chain of events that lead me to finalizing my decision another time.  It was a lesson in openness, or receptiveness, in general, at least in the spiritual sense, that it can provide direction in the oddest of forms and sequences of events.  Alrighty then...here I go...

No comments:

Post a Comment